The movers are coming, the movers are coming! Are you prepared?! If so pat yourself on the back and unwind for the night but for those of you with stuff still in drawers be wary yet have no fear, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is here to Keep You Moving Forward! Who knows more about packing then a moving company? Not to be condescending, but it’s our line of work. We know that the busiest moving weekend is upon us with a whopping 5,500 moves in bound and as “Movers Who Care®” we are here to help you get through the stress of relocation. Speaking of stress, here’s how to handle it during such a delicate time:
Give Yourself Time
Now this step may not be possible for those rushing but just taking 5 minutes to breath helps revitalize you and relax. The ideal amount of time to start planning, packing, cleaning and such is at least eight weeks prior to your move. For summer moves or if you are looking to hire movers try for twelve weeks instead.
Ask For Help
There is no shame in asking for help, in fact people have packing parties all the time! Free pizza, watermelon and snacks can bring friends and family over to help you get a move on when you need to move out fast. Don’t forget that everyone has at least gone through one move or two. Don’t be shy, the worst they can say is no and then you have more pizza for you!
For more ideas on how to get packing check out our Pinterest.
Choosing a professional mover can be tough your first time around. If you opt to move yourself, be prepared for the following:
- Losing track of time and items you never know you needed. Those heirlooms gifted from a loved one at your wedding? Vanished into thin air. Will you miss hunting them down during holiday parties or weekend visits, no. Will you have to answer a myriad of questions, absolutely.
- Feeling extra tired on day 2 of the move. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Tucker understands all the energy, time and pressure involved in relocation. Taking it all by yourself can add unnecessary stress. On the bright side, if you unpack before you fall asleep tomorrow will be a better day.
- Unpacking will seem life an black hole for your time. Moving yourself takes a lot of patience, practice and discipline. Wanted to go to that concert the day after your move? Might have to skip out on the outfit or gear you’d planned to bring. Settling in takes about 1-2 weeks longer than you’d expect. Take it easy, y’all.
- Planning around the rain. Those precious electronics don’t like Georgia weather. Just because it’s raining in DeKalb doesn’t mean it won’t rain in Gwinnett in a few minutes. Have a backup move date just in case.
- Deep Breaths. Everything might go wrong. Your mattress might fly off I-85 if it’s not tied down properly. Those appliances might be a little too heavy for your friend’s truck. There might not be any rental trucks available if you arrive after 10am on a weekend. Consider hiring TWO MEN® Tucker instead of hassling through your move. We can get the appliances, mattresses, patio/indoor furniture as safely and quickly as possible to your new home. More time to relax :]
Stay tuned for part 2, when we talk about common complaints from customers who wish they’d used us sooner.
For more ideas on how to get packing check out our Pinterest.
Father’s Day is for all the dads out there and as “Movers Who Care®” we would like to help you get some ideas!
BUDDY HOFFMAN FATHER’S DAY CLASSIC
We are pleased to announce Buddy Hoffman Father’s Day Golf Classic presented by AquaGuard Foundation Solutions, is taking place on Monday, June 19, 2017 at Summit Chase Country Club.
Food, live music, golfing, raffles, and auctions with a helicopter ball drop on the driving range! That sounds like an event not to miss!
For more information visit Here
2017 Snellville Adopt-a-Senior For Father’s Day
Scepter Health & Rehab-Snellville • 3000 Lenora Church Road, Snellville, GA 30078
Neighbor Love wants to brighten the day of a WHOLE BUNCH of valuable seniors June 18th, this Father’s Day. Adopt-a-Senior For Father’s Day is a GREAT way to let a valuable senior know that someone still loves them.
Volunteers are limited to 30 adults and any amount of children, with chaperones!
For more information visit Here
Father’s Day Half Marathon, 10K & 5K – 7:00AM
Sunday, June 18, 2017
Lenora Park • 4515 Lenora Church Road SW Snellville, GA 30039
Entire course will be run a wide paved path through a beautiful park. We will have a well stocked aid station at the start/finish area. All participants will receive a generic tech shirt. All finishers will receive a medal.
For pricing and more information visit Here
For more gift ideas check out our Father’s Day Pinterest Board! We also have a Board for Running to keep you Moving Forward.
Our furry friends go through everything with us. All the ups, downs and every feeling in between are likely felt by your compassionate pets. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Tucker has a few tips on helping your pets adjust to your new home:
- Take it slow. Bring your pets to the new place to explore a few times before moving. A few walk through and a little explanation never hurt anyone. Car rides are hit-or-miss with pets. However, your furry friends will understand where you go, they go.
- Play with their favorite toys at your new place. Comfort blankets aren’t just for babies. Our fur-babies need a little reassurance too. Combine their toys with your new yard, park nearby or floors for positive memories.
3. Keep your pets with one person on the day of your move. Consistency works well for pets. Hiring a mover requires a lot of trust and attention to detail on move day. If your family has TWO MEN AND A TRUCK pack, move and help settle you in, move day will go much smoother than using an uninsured, damage-prone alternate. More time with your pets, less to stress about.
4. Be patient. Change can turn the best of us crazy. Your pet will hear, see and be around everything new. Even if you’re just moving down the street, its a whole new world for the little guys.
Movers for Moms 2017 was great fun! We spread the word about Lilburn Cooperative Ministry‘s work for the Gwinnett neighborhoods at Snellville Days, our Loganville Ribbon Cutting and the Lilburn Egg Hunt. Big thanks to Kay at Lilburn Co-Op for all her hard work giving back to families in need of assistance. Food pantry, billing, counseling and job placement help is only half of the greatness Lilburn Co-Op is capable of!
One of our core values is giving back to the community at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Tucker. We’re excited to keep the Movers for Moms momentum going by donating our services pro-bono to 501c3s, non-profits, charities and shelters in the DeKalb and Gwinnett communities. Please let us know about your favorite non-profits in the comment section or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year’s Memorial Day is supposed to be one of the busiest travel times of the year. That means traffic and long hours on the road. Here are some games to keep you in high spirits on these long rides.
The Name Game
Start by naming a celebrity, fictional character, sports icon etc. (no personal or friend names)
Next person takes the first letter of that person’s last name and names another celebrity, fictional character, sports icon etc. and so on and so forth!
Situational rule: If someone uses a name with the same letter for the first and last name the player rotation reverses.
You take turns making up crazy facts. If you guys are good at it you can take turns building on a fact.
For example: Free roaming Gummy bears are weigh around three pounds and to get a bag full they must be squished down.
Next Player: They are squished down to harvest syrup from, two products one gummy bear.
Ice Cream Sundae
Find the cars in this order first to win. Yell the clue words with one other witness to the car, players cannot claim the same car. Enjoy!
Start: White car – “Vanilla!”
2nd: Brown car – “Chocolate!”
3rd: Bright pink, purple, or green car – “Sprinkles!”
End: Red car – “Cherry on top!”
If you’d like more ideas for traveling this Memorial Day check out our Pinterest Memorial Day Board or our Travel Hacks Board.
Annual rituals strike again! It’s spring cleaning time, but the problem is that you can’t seem to find the time to do it.
Today people are busier than ever before. You may work a full-time job, have children, be a full-time student, have a demanding schedule and so on and so forth making it difficult to find the time to spring clean. Spreading your cleaning tasks out over a few weeks can make the process bearable and much easier.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Tucker has got some great tips on getting your home decluttered and refreshed within just a few weeks.
Set a designated time each day to complete a task from the list below. And if you have the help, delegate a task to each person in your home. You will have your house spring clean in no time!
Tasks that only take 10 minutes or less:
- If you have children, devote 10 minutes to decluttering, picking up, or donating any toys your children no longer use.
- Empty out the junk drawers. All those miscellaneous items that you don’t need can be trashed in minutes.
- Clean out your bathroom cabinets. Old products and half used hotel lotions can really eat up space.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Look for items that are expired and toss them into the trash bin.
- Clean your ceiling fans. If you have the help, delegate one person to a ceiling fan and if you don’t have the help, take a week to get each fan in your home clean.
- Dust your blinds, television, end tables, coffee tables, and book shelves.
- Vacuum the carpets.
- Make your bed as neatly as possible.
- Clean your mirrors.
- Scrub your toilets.
Begin making a list of everything that needs to be cleaned and commit to just 10 minutes each day cleaning them and before you know it, you’ll have cleaned the entire house! Happy Spring Cleaning!