Choosing a professional mover can be tough your first time around. If you opt to move yourself, be prepared for the following:
- Losing track of time and items you never know you needed. Those heirlooms gifted from a loved one at your wedding? Vanished into thin air. Will you miss hunting them down during holiday parties or weekend visits, no. Will you have to answer a myriad of questions, absolutely.
- Feeling extra tired on day 2 of the move. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Tucker understands all the energy, time and pressure involved in relocation. Taking it all by yourself can add unnecessary stress. On the bright side, if you unpack before you fall asleep tomorrow will be a better day.
- Unpacking will seem life an black hole for your time. Moving yourself takes a lot of patience, practice and discipline. Wanted to go to that concert the day after your move? Might have to skip out on the outfit or gear you’d planned to bring. Settling in takes about 1-2 weeks longer than you’d expect. Take it easy, y’all.
- Planning around the rain. Those precious electronics don’t like Georgia weather. Just because it’s raining in DeKalb doesn’t mean it won’t rain in Gwinnett in a few minutes. Have a backup move date just in case.
- Deep Breaths. Everything might go wrong. Your mattress might fly off I-85 if it’s not tied down properly. Those appliances might be a little too heavy for your friend’s truck. There might not be any rental trucks available if you arrive after 10am on a weekend. Consider hiring TWO MEN® Tucker instead of hassling through your move. We can get the appliances, mattresses, patio/indoor furniture as safely and quickly as possible to your new home. More time to relax :]
Stay tuned for part 2, when we talk about common complaints from customers who wish they’d used us sooner.
For more ideas on how to get packing check out our Pinterest.