Leaving one neighborhood and moving to another can really put a damper on your mood. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Tucker has a few ideas on how to keep friendships going:
- Get a digital and paper copy of neighborhood kids’ addresses. Between your relocation professionals, personal items in your own vehicle and friends helping.
- Unpack or pack, misplacing items around the new house is extremely likely. TWO MEN Tucker suggests using colored markers or stickies on each box to map out where everything goes. Keeping two copies of pen pal addresses is always a plus!
- Plan a weekly puppy or pet play date with pets from your old neighborhood. Pets love their people! Transitioning to a new home is means adjusting to new people and pets. Keeping up with friends will help your pet adjust faster.
- Skype, FaceTime or video chat your old neighborhood friends. technology is great! Let the kids take a tablet around the house and show their friends what their new backyard looks like. More incentive to visit.
- Have a neighborhood party before you move. Helping the kids understand a new home doesn’t mean hey have to forget their old friends is important. BBQs, meeting at a mini-golf, water park or go-kart course will be very memorable. Pool parties are highly suggested for less clean up.
Have a tips your family used used while moving? We’d love to spread the word. Let us know your favorite moving tips in the comments!
For more ideas on how to get packing check out our Pinterest.