Annual rituals strike again! It’s spring cleaning time, but the problem is that you can’t seem to find the time to do it.
Today people are busier than ever before. You may work a full-time job, have children, be a full-time student, have a demanding schedule and so on and so forth making it difficult to find the time to spring clean. Spreading your cleaning tasks out over a few weeks can make the process bearable and much easier.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Tucker has got some great tips on getting your home decluttered and refreshed within just a few weeks.
Set a designated time each day to complete a task from the list below. And if you have the help, delegate a task to each person in your home. You will have your house spring clean in no time!
Tasks that only take 10 minutes or less:
- If you have children, devote 10 minutes to decluttering, picking up, or donating any toys your children no longer use.
- Empty out the junk drawers. All those miscellaneous items that you don’t need can be trashed in minutes.
- Clean out your bathroom cabinets. Old products and half used hotel lotions can really eat up space.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Look for items that are expired and toss them into the trash bin.
- Clean your ceiling fans. If you have the help, delegate one person to a ceiling fan and if you don’t have the help, take a week to get each fan in your home clean.
- Dust your blinds, television, end tables, coffee tables, and book shelves.
- Vacuum the carpets.
- Make your bed as neatly as possible.
- Clean your mirrors.
- Scrub your toilets.
Begin making a list of everything that needs to be cleaned and commit to just 10 minutes each day cleaning them and before you know it, you’ll have cleaned the entire house! Happy Spring Cleaning!
For more ideas on how to get packing check out our Pinterest.